Tekka Don is simply marinated or non-marinated slices of sashimi grade Tuna(why would you eat otherwise) that is placed on seasoned sushi rice and served as it is or topped with some shredded seaweed, sesame seeds or scallions.
Easy to put together yet super scrumptious!!
- 150gm sashimi-grade tuna
- 1 green onion/scallion
- ½ Tbsp shredded seaweed
- 1 cup (180ml) short grain premium Japanese rice
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
1. Dice tuna into 1/2 inch square pieces across the grain.
2. Spoon rice out into bowl and season with rice seasonings
3. Slice the green onion into small pieces.
4. Add the soyce sauce and sesame seeds to the tuna.
5. Place Tuna on the rice bowl, place sliced green onions on top and serve immediately
*Photo taken from http://www.justonecookbook.com/easy-tuna-bowl-tekkadon/