- Splendid Alfonsino (No really, we are not kidding, it IS called the Splendid Alfonsino)
- Kinmedai is easily recognizable by its huge eyes and bright red colour.
- The name Kinmedai means "Golden Eye" in japanese and the reason is because they live in very deep waters where it is very dark so its big eyes allow more light to be detected. (#wecanscience)
- Its flesh is usually quite soft and sweet.
- Freshly flown in twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Good for Sashimi, Braising, Frying, Nigiri & Chirashi
*Do place your orders 3 days in advance when planning for your parties because products are specially flown in upon order and we would not want to disappoint all you foodies (:
*That is by Monday Evening for Friday Shipments and Friday Evening for Tuesday Shipments.
*Note: the weight mentioned in each and every post is a rough estimate of the product's weight, depending on the size of the fish, we do see some pieces that are smaller or larger than others but we try our best to meet our stated weight. If you do get a larger piece, consider it your lucky day because we will honor our prices all the same!
*Pictures provided are meant for visual purposes which may or may not represent the actual weight.